The recent changes with Google’s algorithms have already hit a lot of websites when it comes to ranks, is yours next? It’s not just a penalty you have to worry about anymore, you could literally drop off the map — and worse, competitors will gladly take your spot. Google isn’t going to tolerate poor-quality websites anymore, which means if you aren’t playing by the rules, you could lose your rank entirely.
There Are Ways to Keep Your Rank
Not every website is at risk for losing their rank. If you have a well-devised SEO strategy, you could stay safe, while others drop off the map.
Some of the best ways to bulletproof your rank include:
- Performing link quality control – don’t link just to link – think before you link.
- Have a superior web design – If your site isn’t user-friendly, you’re at risk for losing your rank.
- Modernized SEO – If you’re using the old school methods for SEO, you need to start working on a backup plan. The old school way of stuffing with keywords is over and your rank will be too if you don’t rectify it.
- Zero Publication Errors – Your site shouldn’t be riddled with missing pages, broken links, spelling or grammatical errors.
- Quality Content – If you spun what someone else wrote, it’s time to go back and rewrite everything. Refine it, make it your own, and make sure it is Copyscape free.
- Focus on Quality Linking – Link up with quality blogs and websites that add value to your readers and your content.
- Use Citations – If you state a fact, state where you got that fact. Citations, especially to reputable and authoritative sites, are important.
- Social – Use social media, add to your Google Authorship rank, and share your work.
George Lewington, SEO Director from London believes that as long as you have a quality strategy, you should be fine. But if you aren’t doing all of these things listed above, it’s time to change your methods before it’s too late.